Fighting for Justice | Fighting for You SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION

Work-Related Vehicle & Travel Accident Attorney
in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Most of us spend at least 40 hours a week at our jobs, if not more. When we are performing our job duties, we have a reasonable expectation that we will be safe and cared for. However, accidents can and will happen anywhere, and when you suffer a work injury—especially a work injury while traveling in a car—you are likely eligible for workers’ compensation.

If you have recently been in an accident at work, it is important to speak to an attorney about your options for filing a claim. Call us at H. Rosen Law, P.C. We are located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but work with clients throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania including Harrisburg and Scranton. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation.

In a Work-Related Car Accident?
Contact Us

Workers’ Compensation in Pennsylvania

Every state is required by law to have a workers’ compensation insurance plan in place, though the specific requirements will vary. Workers’ comp provides benefits for employees who are injured on the job and this is typically true regardless of who is at fault for the injury occurring. This system protects both employees and their employers since employees receive financial compensation for their expenses and lost wages, and employers are protected from future lawsuits from their employees. 

In Pennsylvania, nearly every employer is required to carry this insurance, with only a few exceptions such as some agricultural workers or independent contractors. Workers’ comp can be used to pay for medical expenses, short-term or permanent disability, lost wages, and death benefits, and can be used for any “work injury”—though this covers a broad range of injuries. In general, any injury that you sustain as the result of doing your job may be eligible for workers’ comp, including repetitive injuries like carpal tunnel, acute injuries caused by a slip and fall accident, preexisting conditions that are exacerbated by your job duties, and illnesses that are caused by exposure to toxic chemicals or allergens.

Can I File a Workers’ Compensation
Claim for an Injury While Traveling?

If you’ve been injured while traveling for work, you are usually able to file a workers’ comp claim. This could include traveling in either your own vehicle or a company car for a work-related function (even if it’s just picking up lunch for a meeting), making deliveries, or picking up or transporting a client. However, it usually does not cover a work injury while commuting, but there are exceptions to this. You should always consult with a workers’ compensation attorney anytime you are injured in a work-related capacity. 

Workers’ comp can also cover injuries if you were out of town traveling on a business trip since this would be considered part of your regular duties and you are presumably being paid for your time. It is also worth noting that if you were in an accident while traveling for work, you typically do not need to prove fault as you would in a standard personal injury claim. 

Work-Related Motor Vehicle Claims

One common reason employees may file a workers’ comp claim is because they were involved in a car accident at work. Car accidents can cause serious harm like whiplash, neck and back injuries, traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and internal organ damage. If something like this happens to you, the first thing you should do is call 911 and make sure everyone involved in the accident is okay. You should then notify your employer and obtain medical treatment. By law, you have 21 days to report an accident to your employer, but the sooner you do this, the better. Your employer may have a list of doctors that they want you to see and this will help with your documentation. You will need to retain all police reports and doctor’s evaluations when making a claim to prove the extent of your injuries. 

Benefits Available

The compensation you receive from your claim will depend on the circumstances of your accident and how severe your injuries are. Pennsylvania typically pays workers two-thirds of their average weekly wage for the time they are unable to work due to their injury. In addition, you would also receive compensation for medical expenses both at the time of the incident and for any ongoing care such as physical therapy and rehabilitation. Hopefully, your workers’ comp insurance will cover all your expenses until you are able to work again. If not, you may also have the option to file a personal injury claim. Keep in mind that you would not file this with your employer, but with the at-fault party for the car accident.

Work-Related Vehicle & Travel Accidents Attorney Serving Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

If you are in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area and would like to speak with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney about a recent work-related accident, call us at H. Rosen Law, P.C. We truly care about our clients and are committed to helping people get the compensation they deserve after a traumatic accident on the road. Contact us today to start discussing your options.